Help Filing for Unemployment Benefits

If you are recently unemployed, or your hours have been cut, you can get FREE, in-person help to file your unemployment claim or extend benefits.  Don’t pay for help or wait in line.  Visit a location near you for the help you need.

Where can I get FREE help?

  • Salinas: Goodwill Central Coast, 1325 N. Main Street Salinas,93906 (831) 287-2350.  Office hours: Monday-Friday, 9:00am to 5:00pm
  • Salinas: American Jobs Center, 730 La Guardia Street, Salinas, 93905 (831)796-3636 Office Hours: Monday-Friday, 9:00am to 5:00pm
  • Greenfield: Community Center, 1351 Oak Ave, Greenfield, 93927 Office Hours: Monday-Thursday, 1:00pm to 4:30pm

How do I qualify?

  • You have earned taxable income in the past year.
  • You must be unemployed, working part time or working reduced hours.
  • You must be able and available to work and actively seeking work.

What you should bring:

  • Your driver’s license or state photo ID
  • Your Social Security Card or ID number
  • Information on all employers you worked for during the 18 months prior to filing your claim.

In Partnership with: