In addition to the Community Service Awards, Jose Arreola, Community Safety Administrator for the City of Salinas and Director of the Community Alliance for Safety and Peace, presented three awards to volunteers instrumental in the founding and success of CASP.
- The Founders Award: Rancho Cielo Youth Campus, which embodies the core values of CASP — Collaboration for increased impact, data to drive action, deep and meaningful community engagement, and having youth at the center of decision making.
- The Safety and Peace: Salinas Police Department for its work within the violence reduction framework of PIER (Prevention, Intervention, Enforcement and Re-entry).
- The For Our Future Award: Patterson Emesibe for outstanding youth leadership and volunteerism in violence prevention and intervention.
UWMC is grateful for the amazing sponsors who've made the CSA's possible. A special thank you to the Monterey Plaza Hotel and Spa, which has been our host for 25 years! Sponsors are:
- Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula
- Pacific Valley Bank
- Ottone, Leach, & Ray
- Central Coast Federal Credit Union
Thank you also to our In-Kind Donors:
- Five-Star Audio Visual, Inc.
- Jaeger Custom Frames
- John Castagna
- Marich Confectionery Company
- Monterey County Herald
- Monterey County Vintners & Growers Association
- Randy Tunnell Photography
- The Salinas California