Get Your Taxes Done With VITA & Save Your Full Refund!
The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program at United Way Monterey County is focused on helping families who earn under $57,000 a year to file and claim their full tax refund.
Each year, hundreds of trained local volunteers gather together at local VITA sites throughout Monterey County to provide tax assistance to low to moderate income tax payers. Throughout the tax season, these dedicated volunteers prepare taxes at the regular sites, "pop up" tax prep events, and assist with online filing. Interested in learning more? Take a look!
Become A VITA Volunteer!
Learn a great skill and make a difference at the same time!
How can you make a difference? Simple!
Help your community in preparing taxes free of charge by becoming a volunteer with the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) or Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE) Programs.
You will receive training to provide free tax help for low-to-moderate income families who need assistance preparing their tax returns.United Way provides the training, and materials at no cost. All we ask is that you sign up to volunteer at one of our tax sites for the tax season. On average, this is a commitment of 24 hours over three months.
Please contact our program manager for more details or to sign up: Aranyani Azevedo (firstname.lastname@example.org)
How Does VITA Benefit YOU?
- All tax returns are prepared by fully trained and certified community volunteers, who have your best interest in mind.
- Filing with VITA is 100% free for households that earn under $57,000 a year.
- Refunds can be received within 7-10 days with direct deposit.
- Taxes can also be filed online through our free online software.
- Every dollar from your refund goes back to YOU!