The 66th Annual Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance
On Sunday, August 20, more than 200 of the most prized collector cars from around the world will be on display at the famed 18th fairway of the Pebble Beach Golf Links. The culmination of Car Week, this premier event attracts more than 15,000 car aficionados from across the globe.
United Way Monterey County provides key volunteers for the event and hope you can be part of our volunteer team. Volunteers sell tickets and programs, distribute programs and lanyards and staff the gates. Your volunteer effort will help UWMC earn crucial financial support -- money that helps pay for the many services United Way provides to improve the financial stability of working families.
The deadline to apply for these limited spots is Wednesday, July 12. For more information or to sign up to volunteer, please click here. You may also contact Tre' Watkins, Volunteer Engagement Manager.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Release forms must completed and returned by July 12, 2017 to guarantee participation in this year’s Pebble Beach Concours
2. UWMC Volunteers will have same duties as in past years – selling tickets, programs and posters, distributing programs, placing wrist bands on guests and staffing all gates.
3. Volunteers work a minimum six- hour shift, including a meal break, and can use the rest of the day to take in the spectacular event that is the PB Concours! You will also receive a jacket, hat and program. Breakfast and/or lunch will be provided depending on your shift.
4. As you fill out the form:
a. “Committee” is the United Way Monterey County or UWMC.
b. “Phone”, is your cell phone, assuming you’ll have it with you that day. Otherwise, list your best number. We use your cell phone to a phone contact list for the day.
5. We’ll start working on assignments in July. Note that except for handling the heavy boxes of programs –for which we’ll assign specific volunteers – volunteers need to be able to perform just about any other task, which includes standing continuously for a few hours for most jobs.
If you would like more information about the event and Classic Car Week you can head to the Concours webpage.