Gain a Skill, Change a Life. Sign up to be a Volunteer Income Tax Preparer
Why Volunteer with VITA:
- FREE IRS tax law training and certification
- Develop a life-long skill
- Hands-on tax preparation experience
- Professional reference for your resume
- Flexible hours and convenient locations
- Our volunteers can help tax payers capture special tax credits for which they may qualify for. Such as Earned Income Tax Credit, Child Tax Credit, and Credit for the Elderly or the Disabled.
- Many volunteers return year after year because they find the experience very rewarding and see immediate benefit.
- Volunteer Tax Preparers: Beginners (32 hour training + 24 hours of service- perfect for beginners)
- Volunteer Tax Preparers: Advanced (24 hour training + 24 hours of service- accelerated class for experienced volunteers)
- Customer Greeters & Document Screeners (32 hour training + 24 hours of service- customer service based classes for anyone)
The 2018 Tax Season is currently under way and volunteer submissions are closed. Please follow us on Facebook or sign up for the newlsetter to find out how to volunteer next year.
For questions and more information, please contact Megan Mock