United Way Monterey County has partnered with the County of Monterey to provide rental and utility assistance to eligible residents living in Monterey County and experiencing unemployment and loss or reduction in income because of COVID-19.
Call 211 to apply or for additional information.
To be eligible for the rental and utility support through the Monterey County Rent and Utility Assistance, residents need to meet the following requirements and provide the needed documents:
- Income: Household(s) need to meet a certain income threshold:
|Household||1 Person||2 People||3 People||4 People||5 People||6 People|
- Residence: Households need to live within boundaries of the County of Monterey.
- Documentation: Households need to show housing instability resulting from loss or reduction in income due to COVID-19.
- Proof of income eligibility: May include recent tax return, paystub, W-2, bank statement, unemployment award/benefit, or hour reduction notice from employer, or an explanation by the applicant, with supporting documents, that all other financial resources have been exhausted.
- Identification: One government issued Photo ID with name and birthday (non-US is accepted)
- Past due: Rent due or delinquency notice(s)
Benefits are capped at $3,000.
Residents currently receiving rent and/or utility assistance through another program are not eligible for Monterey County Rental and Utility Assistance.
|Agency||Rental Assistance||Utility Assistance|
|Central Coast Energy Services||n/a||x|
|City of Gonzales||x||x|
|City of King||x||x|
|City of Soledad||x||x|
|Goodwill Central Coast||x||x|
|Housing Resource Center||x||n/a|
|Monterey One Water||n/a||x|
|North Monterey County Recreation & Park District||x||x|
|Pajaro Valley Prevention and Student Assistance||x||x|
|Salvation Army Monterey Peninsula Corps||x||n/a|