The State of California is sending $600-1,200 checks to 5.7 million Californians who were left out of federal stimulus, including:
- People who are eligible for CalEITC,
- Workers who have Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN),
- CalWORKs participants, and those who receive disability benefits.
In order to receive this stimulus, they must file their 2020 tax return by October 15, 2021; even if they didn't earn an income in 2020; so that they can receive not only their state but also their federal stimulus check.
- Legal residents who are using Social Security Number and who are eligible for CalEITC* are also eligible for Golden State Stimulus check of $600
- ITIN users who are eligible for CalEITC* are also eligible for Golden State Stimulus check of $1,200
- ITIN users whose 2020 income is between $30,000 and $75,000 are eligible for stimulus check of $600
* CalEITC recipients are those with 2020 income less than $30,000
For more information, visit the following resources:
Public Resources: Golden State Grant (GSG) Program
Golden State Stimulus
United Way Monterey County is offering Free Tax Preparation Services to all, regardless of their immigration status, at four locations throughout Monterey County. Please visit the VITA page for dates and locations.