Gain a Skill, Change a Life.
Why Volunteer with VITA:
- FREE IRS tax law training and certification
- Develop a life-long skill
- Hands-on tax preparation experience
- Professional reference for your resume
- Flexible hours and convenient locations
Sign up to be a Volunteer Income Tax Preparer
- Our volunteers can help taxpayers capture special tax credits for which they may qualify for. Such as Earned Income Tax Credit, Child Tax Credit, and Credit for the Elderly or the Disabled.
- Many volunteers return year after year because they find the experience very rewarding and see immediate benefit.
- Volunteer Tax Preparers: Beginners (32 hour training + 24 hours of service- perfect for beginners)
- Volunteer Tax Preparers: Advanced (24 hour training + 24 hours of service- accelerated class for experienced volunteers)
- Customer Greeters & Document Screeners (2 hour training + 24 hours of service- customer service based classes for anyone)
Financial Aid Volunteer: Through VECAA, volunteers support students and families navigate and complete FAFSA applications in time to make informed decisions about aid packages. Virtual training starts soon. Volunteers will assist applicants who need Financial Aid for the 2021-2022 academic year. View the flyer or contact Jennifer Han to learn more
For questions and more information, please contact Socorro Bernal