Gain a Skill, Change a Life.
Why Volunteer with VITA:
- FREE IRS tax law training and certification
- Develop a life-long skill
- Hands-on tax preparation experience
- Professional reference for your resume
- Flexible hours and convenient locations
Sign up to be a Volunteer Income Tax Preparer
This year’s training dates:
- Basic training: November 2, 9, 16, 23 at CSUMB
- Advanced training: December 7, 14, 21 at CSUMB
- January Basic Training: January 4, 11, 18, 25 at Hartnell College
- January Advanced Training: January 4, 11, 18, 25 at Hartnell College
- Our volunteers can help tax payers capture special tax credits for which they may qualify for. Such as Earned Income Tax Credit, Child Tax Credit, and Credit for the Elderly or the Disabled.
- Many volunteers return year after year because they find the experience very rewarding and see immediate benefit.
- Volunteer Tax Preparers: Beginners (32 hour training + 24 hours of service- perfect for beginners)
- Volunteer Tax Preparers: Advanced (24 hour training + 24 hours of service- accelerated class for experienced volunteers)
- Customer Greeters & Document Screeners (2 hour training + 24 hours of service- customer service based classes for anyone)
The 2018 Tax Season wrapped up. If you are interested in becoming a volunteer next tax season, please sign up above or follow us on facebook to stay engaged and informed on volunteer opportunities through out the year.
For questions and more information, please contact Helena Virga